Rochester, N.Y. – With Hurricane Sandy marching up the eastern seaboard FEMA is asking everyone in its path to prepare.
That includes putting together an emergency kit.
- a three-day supply of water
- a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- battery-powered or hand crank radio
- flashlight and extra batteries
- first aid kit
- whistle to signal for help
- dust masks
- moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- wrench or pliers to turn of utilities
- manual can opener for food
- local maps
- cell phone with chargers, interter or solor charger