Western N.Y. – The Postal Service in western New York is looking to hire 300 city carrier assistants (CCAs), a new category of employees with a path to possible future employment as career letter carriers.
CCAs are appointed for a term of 360 days and may be reappointed for another 360-day term after a five-day break in service.
The positions entail all the duties normally performed by a city letter carrier.
Salary and limited benefits include $15 an hour, paid vacation days and eligibility for health care benefits as required by law, or after the first 360-day term.
The deadline to apply is Jan. 27, 2013. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and two years driving experience.
Position openings are organized by the following geographical areas, within 50-mile radius:
- Rochester Job Posting # 68813157
- Warsaw Job Posting # 68815641
- Lyons Job Posting # 68815899
- Fredonia Job Posting # 68814317
- Lockport Job Posting # 68815070
- Buffalo Job Posting # 68810003
- Jamestown Job Posting # 68814815
- Olean Job Posting # 68815436
- Elmira Job Posting # 68813822