Farmington, N.Y. - A Farmington man accidentally set his home on fire around 6:30 Saturday night.
Police say Patrick Burson had been trying to heat a frozen water pipe in the laundry room of his Sheldon Road home with a butane torch, when the wall caught fire.
Burson was able to partially extinguish the fire before crews arrived. Firefighters were able to control the fire quickly.
Burson was checked over by medics as a precaution.
Burson, his wife and their 5-year-old grandson were able to return to the home for the night.