Rochester, N.Y. -- A two-apartment home in Rochester was mostly destroyed Sunday afternoon.
Flames and smoke poured from the building on Lyndhurst Street around 2 p.m. as firefighters arrived--just about a minute after the initial 911 call.
Two families living there were able to get out safely.
Crews brought the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
The upstairs apartment was destroyed; the downstairs apartment has severe water damage.
Four adults and two children will not be able to return to either apartment. The Red Cross provided food, shelter and clothing.
It's unclear what sparked the fire.