Rochester, N.Y. - The four people taken to Strong Hospital with injuries after a house fire in Chili Thursday are all in guarded condition as of Saturday morning.
The names of the victims are 67-year-old Judith Ogg, 24-year-old Kaitlyn Ogg, 4-year-old R.J. Lockwood and 7-month-old Mara Ogg.
Just before 10:30 a.m. Thursday, mail carrier Barbara Langdon saw smoke coming from the home on Golden Road and called 911. Police said Langdon saw a 67-year-old woman who was hanging out of a window and pulled her to safety.
Deputy Jason Elliotto, along with Chili firemen Dave Saur and Scott Miller went into the smoke filled house and found a 24-year-old female lying on the floor.
Chili Battalion Chief Chuck Kaiser found R.J. and brought him to safety.
Deputy Elliotto went back into the home, found seven-month-old Mara, and brought her outdoors to safety.
The two adults, Judy Ogg and her daughter suffered serious injuries.
Three firefighters suffered smoke inhalation.
Fire investigators say the fire started in the basement, but they have not yet determined the cause.
Investigators also discovered that a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector did not have working batteries.
Neighbors say the family had only lived at the home for a few years.
Donations to the family may be received through Joseph Ogg’s employer, Monroe Tech. The contact there is Chris Tobin at 585-392-8324. Donations can also be made through Dr. Myke Merrill at Parma Christian Fellowship or Pastor Chuck Degroat at Spencerport Assembly of God.