Rochester, N.Y. - With the temperatures expected to reach into the mid-90s Friday, the City of Rochester is issuing a cool sweep.
This opens up spray parks and fire hydrants to the public around the city.
City spray parks and pools in certain city high schools are also available to the public.
Here are cool sweep hours and locations:
Cool Sweep Hydrant locations:
• School No. 22 parking lot, 27 Zimbrich St.;
• School No. 41 parking lot, 279 W. Ridge Road;
• Gardiner Recreation Center, 75 Grover St.;
• Baden Park on Vienna Street.
* Hours for all locations are noon to 4 p.m.
Spray Park locations:
• Carter Street Community Center Spray Park, 500 Carter St.;
• Edgerton Community Center Spray Park, 41 Backus St.;
• Fourth and Peck Playground (spray feature only, not a full park), corner of Fourth and Peck Streets;
• Humboldt Community Center Spray Park, 1045 Atlantic Ave.;
• Manhattan Square Park (spray feature only, not a full park), 25 Manhattan Square Drive;
• David F. Gantt Community Center Spray Park, 700 North St.;
• Ryan Community Center Spray Park, 530 Webster Ave.;
• Troup Street Park (spray feature only, not a full park), Troup and Van Auker Streets.
*Hours for all locations are 10 a.m. to dusk.
Swimming opportunities also are available at:
• Adams Street Community Center, 85 Adams St., noon to 9 p.m.;
• Avenue D Community Center Pool, 200 Avenue D., 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
• Durand Eastman Beach (water conditions permitting), 1000 Lakeshore Blvd. Lot A only, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• East High School, 1801 E. Main St. (gym entrance on Main Street), Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
• Flint Street Community Center Pool, 271 Flint St., 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
• Frederick Douglass High School Pool, 940 Fernwood Park (Tennis Court entrance), Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
• Genesee Valley Park Pool, 131 Elmwood Ave., noon to 9 p.m.;
• Jefferson High School, 1 Edgerton Park (west side of building near track/football field, entrance 8) Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
• Wilson Foundation Academy Pool, 200 Genesee St. (Dr. Samuel McCree Way entrance), Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.