Rochester, N.Y. – The Rochester Fire Department took a call just before 3 a.m. about a fire at 97 Le Frois Street.
When they got there, the front of the 2-1/2 story house was ablaze, with flames reaching in through first and second floor windows.
All the occupants got out safely as the fire was brought under control by RFD in about an hour.
The Red Cross has provided housing for 3 adults and 5 children. No injuries were reported.
One dog did die in the fire, which started with a space heater on the front porch.
Fire damage was contained to the front rooms on both floors, but smoke damage filled the whole house.