Rochester, NY, - Effective Sunday, November 4, ownership of The Brighton Restaurant will be transferred to Mike Amalfi, Jr. and C. W. Gregory.
The East Avenue restaurant will be closed for a short time for some renovations but the new owners say they expect to reopen by Thanksgiving.
The Brighton Restaurant was opened in 1864 as a hotel and tavern for travelers.
It flourished during the heyday of the Erie Canal. It is one of the oldest restaurants in the City of Rochester and one of the few original buildings still standing on East Avenue.