Rochester’s Mayor Declares Heat Emergency Saturday
Rochester, N.Y.- Rochester’s Mayor says a heat emergency will be in effect Saturday in anticipation of temperatures that are expected to be in the 90’s.
That means the Cool Sweep program extends into City branch library locations and recreation centers where residents can stay in an air conditioned building.
Saturday hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Library cooling areas:
* Arnett Branch Library, 310 Arnett Blvd.
* Lincoln Branch Library, 851 Joseph Ave.
* Maplewood Branch Library, 1111 Dewey Ave.
* Winton Road Branch Library, 611 N. Winton Road
Recreation Center cooling area:
* Carter Street Gym, 500 Carter Street (air conditioning only).
For a list of Cool Sweep locations and hours, click here