Most Shared

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

NY girl, 12, electrocuted in inflatable pool

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - Police in Syracuse say a 12-year-old girl has died after being electrocuted in an inflatable swimming pool.
    
The accident happened at 7:15 p.m. Friday.
    
Police say the girl was filling the pool with water in her back yard when she picked up an extension cord or an electric pump that was plugged in to an outlet.
    
Witnesses told police the girl started shaking and fell into the pool.
    
A friend tried to pull her out and was shocked as well.
    
The victim, Paige Scheel, was pronounced dead at a hospital. Her friend was not seriously injured.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 
Advertise with us!

Contests

Washington Times