Most Shared

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Cigarette causes house fire

Geneva, N.Y. -- Investigators said that a lit cigarette may have started a fire that engulfed a house early Monday.

Seneca County Sheriffs deputies said that a home owned by Willie and Deborah Russ of Border City Road caught fire around 1:00 a.m. Monday. They said that Mr. Russ had a lit cigarette in bed, which ignited the mattress and caused the fire.

The fire caused heavy damage to the home. Ms. Russ sustained burns to her feet and upper arms while trying to flee the scene. She was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital byMercy Flight and is listed in guarded condition.

Advertise with us!


Washington Times