Most Shared

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Domestic incident draws large police presence

Irondequoit, N.Y. It's back to normal for one neighborhood in Irondequoit after police were called to the area following a domestic incident.

Monday afternoon, residents in the area saw a large police presence on Pinegrove Avenue.

"It's scary," said one resident.

"It's a great neighborhood, it's a great place to live and I don't know, I'm a little taken aback," resident Elio Realbuto said.

It was a scene many residents in the Pinegrove neighborhood didn't expect to encounter Monday afternoon.

Around 4 p.m. police were called to the area blocking off roads and telling people they could not go home, leaving many with more questions than answers.

"They did not tell us anything. We said we lived right there can we get home and they said, 'no, you can't even come down here,' so we had to pull down the side street here," resident Kayla Burnett said.

It wasn't until a few hours later that we'd learn what was going on up the street.

"The Irondequoit police Department received a 911 call shortly around 4 o'clock this afternoon from a third-party individual that indicated that someone was upset over a personal matter," Irondequoit Police Chief Richard Tantalo said.

While police are still investigating whether weapons were in the home, the possible threat that someone may have had a weapon was very real and precautions were taken.

"We are always concerned about weapons, any type of situation where a person suffering from a type of personal situation that upsets him and we wanted to make sure no one was injured in the situation," Chief Tantalo said.

In this case, police say no one else was in the home and no one was hurt.

Police say once they made contact with the individual inside the home, he did cooperate and came out of the home willingly.

Police are not releasing the name or age of the individual at this time.

Please say he is undergoing a medical evaluation.

Shortly after 7 PM residents in the area were given the all clear and were allowed to return home.
The investigation continues.

Advertise with us!


Washington Times